Can I use Demerol if I have a history of liver disease?

If you have a history of liver disease, such as hepatitis, talk to your doctor before taking Demerol (meperidine), a prescription drug for moderate to severe short-term pain. Liver problems can cause too much Demerol to accumulate in your system. You doctor will want to consider this when figuring out your dosage and how often you should take the drug.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...