Can I use Demerol if I have a history of liver disease?

If you have a history of liver disease, such as hepatitis, talk to your doctor before taking Demerol (meperidine), a prescription drug for moderate to severe short-term pain. Liver problems can cause too much Demerol to accumulate in your system. You doctor will want to consider this when figuring out your dosage and how often you should take the drug.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...