Can I use Demerol if I have a history of liver disease?

If you have a history of liver disease, such as hepatitis, talk to your doctor before taking Demerol (meperidine), a prescription drug for moderate to severe short-term pain. Liver problems can cause too much Demerol to accumulate in your system. You doctor will want to consider this when figuring out your dosage and how often you should take the drug.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

how do analgesics relieve foot pain ?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
what type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will i be given after surgery ?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
what are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain ?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
can i take painkillers if i have asthma ?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...