Can I use Demerol if I have a history of kidney disease?

If you have a history of kidney disease or kidney tumors, talk to your doctor before taking Demerol (meperidine), a prescription drug for moderate to severe short-term pain. Kidney problems can cause too much Demerol to build up in your system. You doctor will want to consider this when figuring out your dosage and how often you should take the drug.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

what are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain ?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
what are the side effects of analgesics ?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...
how can analgesics relieve flu symptoms ?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
what should i avoid while taking analgesics ?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...