Can I use Demerol if I have a history of kidney disease?

If you have a history of kidney disease or kidney tumors, talk to your doctor before taking Demerol (meperidine), a prescription drug for moderate to severe short-term pain. Kidney problems can cause too much Demerol to build up in your system. You doctor will want to consider this when figuring out your dosage and how often you should take the drug.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Analgesics, including aspirin and acetaminophen, are medications used to treat pain. They can al...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...