Can I use Demerol if I have a history of anxiety?

If you have a history of anxiety and are taking medication to treat your anxiety, talk to your doctor before taking Demerol (meperidine). Like Demerol, certain anti-anxiety drugs, such as tranquilizers and sedatives, affect the brain and central nervous system. The combination of Demerol and an anxiety drug could slow breathing and lower blood pressure and cause sleepiness, coma and even death.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...