Can I use Demerol if I have a history of drug addiction?

If you have a history of addiction of any sort (to alcohol, say, or a street drug), your doctor needs to know about it. Demerol is a narcotic and can be habit forming; people with a history of addiction are especially at risk of abusing this drug and will need to be monitored carefully while taking it.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...