Can I use Tylox if I am taking buprenorphine?

If you are taking buprenorphine, you should not take Tylox (acetaminophen and oxycodone). Tylox contains oxycodone, an opioid (narcotic) pain reliever. Buprenorphine is used to treat opioid addiction. In some cases, the combination of Tylox and buprenorphine can affect breathing and heart rate. In addition, because Tylox and buprenorphine have opposing effects, taking them together may cause withdrawal symptoms.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...