Can I use Tylox if I have a history of low blood pressure?

If you have a history of low blood pressure, make sure your doctor knows before you begin taking Tylox (acetaminophen and oxycodone). The oxycodone in this drug, which is used to treat moderate to moderately severe pain on an as-needed basis, is an opioid (narcotic). In people with low blood pressure, opioids can cause dizziness, light-headedness and fainting.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...
What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...