Can I use Tylox if I have a history of urinary problems?

If you have a history of urinary problems, such as a narrowing of your urethra (the tube that urine passes through), low urinary output (oliguria) or an enlarged prostate, your doctor may be cautious about prescribing Tylox (acetaminophen and oxycodone) for you. The oxycodone in this drug, which is used to treat moderate to moderately severe pain on an as-needed basis, is an opioid (narcotic) that may cause you to retain urine. Coupled with your other urinary problems, this could lead to infection, bladder damage or kidney damage.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...