Can I use Tylox if I have a history of liver disease?

If you have a history of liver disease, your doctor likely will be cautious about prescribing Tylox (acetaminophen and oxycodone) for you. In large quantities, one of the active ingredients in Tylox, acetaminophen, can be toxic to the liver, even in people with normal liver function. In addition, an impaired liver may slow the rate at which the drug is excreted from the body, which could lead to serious side effects from the other active ingredient in Tylox, oxycodone, which is an opioid (narcotic).

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...