Can I use Tylenol with Codeine if I have a history of kidney disease?

If you have a history of kidney disease, ask your doctor if you can take the prescription pain medication Tylenol with Codeine (acetaminophen and codeine) to relieve your mild to moderate pain. Because the kidneys help to eliminate this drug from the body, it may not be safe for people with kidney failure.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...