Can I use Tylenol with Codeine if I have a history of alcoholism?

If you have a history of alcoholism, ask your doctor if it's safe for you to take Tylenol with Codeine (acetaminophen and codeine). Your doctor's answer may depend on whether or not you currently drink alcohol, which can increase the risk of serious side effects from this prescription pain reliever, such as liver failure, trouble breathing, low blood pressure, loss of consciousness and death.

Tylenol with Codeine may be habit forming. If you have a history of addiction, Tylenol with Codeine may not be right for you.

Continue Learning about Analgesic