Can I use Tylenol with Codeine if I have a history of alcoholism?

If you have a history of alcoholism, ask your doctor if it's safe for you to take Tylenol with Codeine (acetaminophen and codeine). Your doctor's answer may depend on whether or not you currently drink alcohol, which can increase the risk of serious side effects from this prescription pain reliever, such as liver failure, trouble breathing, low blood pressure, loss of consciousness and death.

Tylenol with Codeine may be habit forming. If you have a history of addiction, Tylenol with Codeine may not be right for you.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...