Can I take Roxicet if I have a history of urinary problems?

If you have a history of urinary problems and you're prescribed Roxicet (acetaminophen and oxycodone), a medication for treating moderate to moderately severe pain, ask your doctor if it's okay for you to take it. Since urinary retention is a possible side effect of Roxicet, it may not be a good drug choice for someone who already has urinary problems. Your doctor will help you decide if Roxicet is the best medication for you or if you should take a different type of pain medication.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...
What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...