Can I take Roxicet if I am taking tranylcypromine?

If you're taking tranylcypromine, you may not be able to take Roxicet (acetaminophen and oxycodone) for your moderate to moderately severe pain. Tranylcypromine is the generic name for the prescription drug Parnate, which is a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) used to treat depression and other mental illnesses. Both drugs can cause dangerous breathing or heart problems and should not be taken together unless your doctor says it is safe to do so.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...