Can I take Roxicet if I am taking tranylcypromine?

If you're taking tranylcypromine, you may not be able to take Roxicet (acetaminophen and oxycodone) for your moderate to moderately severe pain. Tranylcypromine is the generic name for the prescription drug Parnate, which is a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) used to treat depression and other mental illnesses. Both drugs can cause dangerous breathing or heart problems and should not be taken together unless your doctor says it is safe to do so.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...