Can I take Roxicet if I am taking selegiline?

If you're taking selegiline (Eldepryl, Zelapar, Emsam), you may not be able to take the pain medication Roxicet (acetaminophen and oxycodone). Selegiline is used to treat symptoms of Parkinson's disease, and it may interact with the oxycodone in Roxicet. Your doctor will help you decide if Roxicet is the best medication for you or if you should take a different type of pain medication.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...