Can I take Roxicet if I am taking selegiline?

If you're taking selegiline (Eldepryl, Zelapar, Emsam), you may not be able to take the pain medication Roxicet (acetaminophen and oxycodone). Selegiline is used to treat symptoms of Parkinson's disease, and it may interact with the oxycodone in Roxicet. Your doctor will help you decide if Roxicet is the best medication for you or if you should take a different type of pain medication.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...