Can I take Roxicet if I am taking probenecid?

If you're taking probenecid, ask your doctor if Roxicet (acetaminophen and oxycodone) is the best drug to take for your moderate to moderately severe pain. Probenecid increases uric acid excretion and is mainly used to treat gout, a type of arthritis that occurs when uric acid builds up in the blood and causes swelling of the joints. Probenecid may affect how well Roxicet works. Your doctor will help you decide if Roxicet is the best medication for you or if you should take a different type of pain medication.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...