Can I take Roxicet if I am taking probenecid?

If you're taking probenecid, ask your doctor if Roxicet (acetaminophen and oxycodone) is the best drug to take for your moderate to moderately severe pain. Probenecid increases uric acid excretion and is mainly used to treat gout, a type of arthritis that occurs when uric acid builds up in the blood and causes swelling of the joints. Probenecid may affect how well Roxicet works. Your doctor will help you decide if Roxicet is the best medication for you or if you should take a different type of pain medication.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Analgesics, including aspirin and acetaminophen, are medications used to treat pain. They can al...