Can I take Roxicet if I am taking probenecid?

If you're taking probenecid, ask your doctor if Roxicet (acetaminophen and oxycodone) is the best drug to take for your moderate to moderately severe pain. Probenecid increases uric acid excretion and is mainly used to treat gout, a type of arthritis that occurs when uric acid builds up in the blood and causes swelling of the joints. Probenecid may affect how well Roxicet works. Your doctor will help you decide if Roxicet is the best medication for you or if you should take a different type of pain medication.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

what type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will i be given after surgery ?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
how do analgesics relieve foot pain ?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
how do analgesics interact with other medications ?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
how does patient controlled analgesia work ?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...