Can I take Roxicet if I am taking phenelzine?

If you're taking phenelzine, you may not be able to take the pain medication Roxicet (acetaminophen and oxycodone). Phenelzine is the generic name for the prescription drug Nardil, which is a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) used to treat depression and other mental illnesses. Both drugs can cause dangerous breathing or heart problems and should not be taken together unless your doctor says it is safe to do so.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are the side effects of analgesics?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Analgesics, including aspirin and acetaminophen, are medications used to treat pain. They can al...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...