Can I take Roxicet if I am taking phenelzine?

If you're taking phenelzine, you may not be able to take the pain medication Roxicet (acetaminophen and oxycodone). Phenelzine is the generic name for the prescription drug Nardil, which is a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) used to treat depression and other mental illnesses. Both drugs can cause dangerous breathing or heart problems and should not be taken together unless your doctor says it is safe to do so.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...