Can I take Roxicet if I am taking naloxone?

If you're taking naloxone, it is unlikely that your doctor would prescribe Roxicet (acetaminophen and oxycodone) for your moderate to moderately severe pain. Naloxone is a drug used to treat an overdose of an opiate, and Roxicet contains an opioid medicine, so the two drugs would work against each other. Your doctor will help you decide on the best type of pain medication for you.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...