Can I take Roxicet if I am taking lamotrigine?

If you're taking lamotrigine (brand name Lamictal) and your doctor prescribes the pain medication Roxicet (acetaminophen and oxycodone), ask him or her if it's okay for you to take it. Lamotrigine is prescribed to treat seizure disorders like epilepsy as well as bipolar disorder. Roxicet may make lamotrigine less effective; it also may increase the risk of seizures. Your doctor will help you decide if Roxicet is the best medication for you or if you should take a different type of pain medication.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...