Can I take Roxicet if I am taking isocarboxazid?

If you're taking isocarboxazid (Marplan), you may not be able to take the prescription pain medication Roxicet (acetaminophen and oxycodone). Isocarboxazid is a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) that's used to treat depression and other mental illnesses. Both drugs can cause dangerous breathing or heart problems and should not be taken together unless your doctor says it is safe to do so.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...