Can I take Roxicet if I am taking isocarboxazid?

If you're taking isocarboxazid (Marplan), you may not be able to take the prescription pain medication Roxicet (acetaminophen and oxycodone). Isocarboxazid is a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) that's used to treat depression and other mental illnesses. Both drugs can cause dangerous breathing or heart problems and should not be taken together unless your doctor says it is safe to do so.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...