Can I take Percodan if I have asthma?

If you have asthma, you may not be able to take Percodan, a strong pain reliever that is a combination of oxycodone and aspirin. Opioid medications like oxycodone can cause breathing to be shallow or slow, which can be particularly dangerous for people who already have respiratory trouble such as asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Your doctor can tell you if Percodan is appropriate for you.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...