Can I take Percodan if I have anemia?

If you have anemia or another blood disorder, your doctor may decide against prescribing Percodan, a strong pain reliever that is a combination of oxycodone and aspirin. The aspirin in Percodan interferes with blood clotting, which may cause a particular problem for people who are anemic or at risk for bleeding.

Certain drugs can increase bleeding risk, as can drinking alcohol. Before you take Percodan, give your doctor a complete list of all your prescription and over-the-counter medications as well as any supplements or vitamins that you take. Also give your doctor a thorough medical history, and be sure to mention bleeding disorders or medicines you take related to blood or blood clots.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Analgesics, including aspirin and acetaminophen, are medications used to treat pain. They can al...