Can I take Percodan if I have anemia?

If you have anemia or another blood disorder, your doctor may decide against prescribing Percodan, a strong pain reliever that is a combination of oxycodone and aspirin. The aspirin in Percodan interferes with blood clotting, which may cause a particular problem for people who are anemic or at risk for bleeding.

Certain drugs can increase bleeding risk, as can drinking alcohol. Before you take Percodan, give your doctor a complete list of all your prescription and over-the-counter medications as well as any supplements or vitamins that you take. Also give your doctor a thorough medical history, and be sure to mention bleeding disorders or medicines you take related to blood or blood clots.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...