Can I take Percocet if I am taking lamotrigine?

If your doctor prescribes Percocet (oxycodone and acetaminophen) for you and you're on lamotrigine (Lamictal) to treat seizures or bipolar disorder, be sure to let him or her know. Percocet, which is used to treat moderate to moderately severe pain, can cause lamotrigine to be less effective.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...