Can I take Percocet if I am taking lamotrigine?

If your doctor prescribes Percocet (oxycodone and acetaminophen) for you and you're on lamotrigine (Lamictal) to treat seizures or bipolar disorder, be sure to let him or her know. Percocet, which is used to treat moderate to moderately severe pain, can cause lamotrigine to be less effective.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...