Can I take Percocet if I have a history of seizures?

• AStacy Wiegman, PharmD, Pharmacy, answered
    If you have a history of seizures your doctor will be cautious about giving you the pain medication Percocet (oxycodone and acetaminophen). Seizures are a possible side effect of Percocet, particularly in people who are prone to them. Tell your doctor if you have a convulsive disorder such as epilepsy or if you've ever had a seizure.

Also let your doctor know if you're on medication for seizures. Taking certain ones, such as carbamazepine (Tegretol) or phenytoin (Dilantin), in combination with acetaminophen (one of the active ingredients in Percocet) may increase your risk of liver damage. Your doctor may decide not to give you Percocet, or carefully monitor your dosage.

Can I take Percocet if I have a history of thyroid problems?