Can I take Percocet if I am taking seizure medications?

Before you begin taking the pain medication Percocet (oxycodone and acetaminophen) let your doctor know if you use a seizure medication such as carbamazepine (Tegretol) or phenytoin (Dilantin). Taking these medications in combination with acetaminophen (one of the active ingredients in Percocet) may increase your risk of liver damage. Your doctor will carefully monitor you while you're on Percocet, or he or she may decide not to give you the drug at all.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...