Can I take Percocet if I am taking seizure medications?

Before you begin taking the pain medication Percocet (oxycodone and acetaminophen) let your doctor know if you use a seizure medication such as carbamazepine (Tegretol) or phenytoin (Dilantin). Taking these medications in combination with acetaminophen (one of the active ingredients in Percocet) may increase your risk of liver damage. Your doctor will carefully monitor you while you're on Percocet, or he or she may decide not to give you the drug at all.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...