Can I take Percocet if I have a history of liver disease?

It's possible your doctor won't prescribe Percocet (oxycodone and acetaminophen) for you if you have liver disease. Research suggests that some people with liver disease can experience liver failure if they take Percocet, which is prescribed to treat moderate to moderately severe pain. If you have liver disease, make sure your doctor knows so that he or she can decide if you should take a different drug to relieve pain.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...