Can I take Percocet if I have a history of liver disease?

It's possible your doctor won't prescribe Percocet (oxycodone and acetaminophen) for you if you have liver disease. Research suggests that some people with liver disease can experience liver failure if they take Percocet, which is prescribed to treat moderate to moderately severe pain. If you have liver disease, make sure your doctor knows so that he or she can decide if you should take a different drug to relieve pain.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...