Can I take Percocet if I have digestive problems?

Your doctor will be cautious about giving you the pain medication Percocet (oxycodone and acetaminophen) if you have pancreatitis, gallstones or another gallbladder problem, or if you suffer from paralytic ileus, a condition where digested food does not pass through the intestines. Percocet can worsen these ailments. Make sure your doctor knows about your condition before you start taking Percocet.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

what type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will i be given after surgery ?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
who should not take analgesics ?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
what are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain ?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
how do analgesics relieve foot pain ?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...