Can I take Norco if I have a history of Addison's disease?

If you have a history of Addison's disease, a hormonal disorder, talk to your doctor before taking Norco (hydrocodone and acetaminophen). The risk of respiratory depression—in which breathing becomes dangerously slow and shallow—is a concern for people with Addison's disease who take any narcotic analgesic such as Norco. Your doctor may need to monitor your treatment closely and/or modify your medication plan, dosage or timing.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...