Can I take Norco if I have a history of Addison's disease?

If you have a history of Addison's disease, a hormonal disorder, talk to your doctor before taking Norco (hydrocodone and acetaminophen). The risk of respiratory depression—in which breathing becomes dangerously slow and shallow—is a concern for people with Addison's disease who take any narcotic analgesic such as Norco. Your doctor may need to monitor your treatment closely and/or modify your medication plan, dosage or timing.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Analgesics, including aspirin and acetaminophen, are medications used to treat pain. They can al...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...