Can I share my Roxicet with someone who's in pain?

You should not share Roxicet (acetaminophen and oxycodone) with anyone. The oxycodone in Roxicet, prescribed to treat moderate to moderately severe pain, can be addictive. Roxicet can be abused in a manner similar to other opioid drugs and can lead to physical dependence and addiction. Roxicet should be used only by the person for whom it was prescribed.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...