Can I share my Roxicet with someone who's in pain?

You should not share Roxicet (acetaminophen and oxycodone) with anyone. The oxycodone in Roxicet, prescribed to treat moderate to moderately severe pain, can be addictive. Roxicet can be abused in a manner similar to other opioid drugs and can lead to physical dependence and addiction. Roxicet should be used only by the person for whom it was prescribed.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...