Can I take Roxicet if I have a history of thyroid problems?

If you have a history of thyroid problems, you may not be able to take the pain medication Roxicet (acetaminophen and oxycodone), especially if you have hypothyroidism (an underactive thyroid). Your condition may make you overly sensitive to oxycodone, an opioid narcotic that's one of the active ingredients in Roxicet. Your doctor will help you decide if Roxicet is the best medication for you or if you should take a different type of pain medication.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Analgesics, including aspirin and acetaminophen, are medications used to treat pain. They can al...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...