Can I take Roxicet if I have a history of thyroid problems?

If you have a history of thyroid problems, you may not be able to take the pain medication Roxicet (acetaminophen and oxycodone), especially if you have hypothyroidism (an underactive thyroid). Your condition may make you overly sensitive to oxycodone, an opioid narcotic that's one of the active ingredients in Roxicet. Your doctor will help you decide if Roxicet is the best medication for you or if you should take a different type of pain medication.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...