Can I use Percodan if I'm taking acetazolamide (Diamox)?

If you are taking acetazolamide (Diamox), a medication for glaucoma and other conditions, you may not be able to take Percodan, a strong pain reliever that is a combination of oxycodone and aspirin. The aspirin in Percodan can raise your blood level of acetazolamide, which can be dangerous.

Before you start taking Percodan, be sure to give your doctor a complete list of all your prescription and over-the-counter medications as well as any supplements or vitamins you take.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...