Can I use Percodan if I'm taking an ACE inhibitor?

If you are taking an angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor, which is generally prescribed for high blood pressure, ask your doctor if you can take Percodan, a strong pain reliever that is a combination of oxycodone and aspirin. Percodan may decrease the effect of an ACE inhibitor, so your doctor may need to adjust your dose.

Percodan may interact with many common medicines, so before you start taking it, you should give your doctor a complete list of all your prescription and over-the-counter medications, supplements and vitamins.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...