Can I use Percodan if I'm taking an ACE inhibitor?

If you are taking an angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor, which is generally prescribed for high blood pressure, ask your doctor if you can take Percodan, a strong pain reliever that is a combination of oxycodone and aspirin. Percodan may decrease the effect of an ACE inhibitor, so your doctor may need to adjust your dose.

Percodan may interact with many common medicines, so before you start taking it, you should give your doctor a complete list of all your prescription and over-the-counter medications, supplements and vitamins.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...