Can I take Percodan if I have a history of low blood pressure?

If you have a history of low blood pressure, ask your doctor if you can take Percodan, a strong pain reliever that is a combination of oxycodone and aspirin. Percodan may cause a drop in blood pressure, which can be dangerous in people whose blood pressure is already low. If your blood pressure is low, you may not be able to take Percodan or may need to be monitored closely.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...