Can I take Percodan if I have a history of urinary problems?

If you have a history of urinary problems, you may be able to take Percodan, a prescription pain reliever that is a combination of oxycodone and aspirin. Talk to your doctor. His or her decision will depend on several factors, including what medications you take. Be sure to give your doctor a complete list of all prescription and over-the-counter medications, supplements and vitamins that you take.

One potential side effect related to Percodan is trouble urinating. People taking Percodan should notify their doctors as soon as possible if they experience trouble urinating or changes in the amount of urine they are passing.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...