Can I take Percodan if I have a history of stomach problems?

If you have a history of stomach problems, ask your doctor if you can take Percodan, a strong pain reliever that is a combination of oxycodone and aspirin. Be sure to inform your doctor if you have had problems with constipation or other intestinal problems. Constipation is a major side effect of this medicine.

Percodan may make it harder to diagnose or treat certain abdominal conditions. One potential side effect related to Percodan is having dark, tar-like stools, which may be caused by bleeding in the abdomen. People taking Percodan should notify their doctors as soon as possible if they experience unusually dark stools.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...