Can I take Percodan if I have a history of liver disease?

If you have a history of liver disease, ask your doctor if you can take Percodan, a strong pain reliever that is a combination of oxycodone and aspirin. Aspirin may be dangerous to people with liver problems, so your doctor may choose a different medication for your pain.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...