Can I use Percodan if I have a history of heart disease?

Judy Caplan
Percodan and other narcotics have very few cardiac ill effects. In fact, Morphine is one of the classic medications used for congestive heart failure or acute myocardial infarction. Certainly chest pain in the setting of heart disease should prompt immediate diagnostic endeavors and other treatments besides narcotics.
If you have a heart condition or heart disease, ask your doctor if you can take Percodan, a strong pain reliever that is a combination of oxycodone and aspirin. People who have certain heart conditions or blood pressure problems may not be able to take Percodan or may need to be monitored closely.

Percodan also can interact with some heart medications. Before you start taking it, be sure to give your doctor a complete list of all your prescription and over-the-counter medications, as well as any supplements and vitamins that you take.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...