Can I use Percodan if I have a history of heart disease?

If you have a heart condition or heart disease, ask your doctor if you can take Percodan, a strong pain reliever that is a combination of oxycodone and aspirin. People who have certain heart conditions or blood pressure problems may not be able to take Percodan or may need to be monitored closely.

Percodan also can interact with some heart medications. Before you start taking it, be sure to give your doctor a complete list of all your prescription and over-the-counter medications, as well as any supplements and vitamins that you take.
Judy Caplan
Percodan and other narcotics have very few cardiac ill effects. In fact, Morphine is one of the classic medications used for congestive heart failure or acute myocardial infarction. Certainly chest pain in the setting of heart disease should prompt immediate diagnostic endeavors and other treatments besides narcotics.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...