Can I use Percodan if I have a history of heartburn?

If you get heartburn, or if you have other digestive problems (such as gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD), ask your doctor if you can take Percodan, a strong pain reliever that is a combination of aspirin and oxycodone. Aspirin can irritate the esophagus and cause heartburn and so is often avoided by people who suffer from GERD.

Some people who have GERD also have asthma; if you suffer from both conditions, your doctor may not prescribe Percodan, because of its potential to cause breathing problems.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

how effective is capsaicin ?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
how can analgesics relieve flu symptoms ?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
what are the side effects of analgesics ?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...
how do analgesics relieve foot pain ?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...