Can I take Percocet if I have a history of low blood pressure?

The pain medication Percocet (oxycodone and acetaminophen) can cause your blood pressure to drop, so your doctor may adjust your prescription or not give you Percocet at all if you already have low blood pressure due to a low blood volume or from taking other medication. Let your doctor know if you feel faint when you get up from a sitting or lying position while you're taking Percocet. This is a common symptom of low blood pressure. For many people, remembering to change position slowly solves the problem.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...