Can I take Percocet if I have a history of low blood pressure?

The pain medication Percocet (oxycodone and acetaminophen) can cause your blood pressure to drop, so your doctor may adjust your prescription or not give you Percocet at all if you already have low blood pressure due to a low blood volume or from taking other medication. Let your doctor know if you feel faint when you get up from a sitting or lying position while you're taking Percocet. This is a common symptom of low blood pressure. For many people, remembering to change position slowly solves the problem.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...