Can I overdose on magnesium salicylate tetrahydrate?

Yes, it is possible to overdose on magnesium salicylate tetrahydrate and an overdose of this drug can be fatal. Symptoms indicating overdose include:

• difficulty hearing
  • headache
  • dim vision
  • confusion
  • diarrhea
  • nausea
  • vomiting
  • excessive thirst
  • sweating
  • dizziness
  • drowsiness
  • exhaustion
  • rapid breathing
  • ringing in the ears

Those 65 or older must exercise caution in taking this drug as symptoms of overdose may be less noticeable in this age group. That age group also may be more prone to side effects and they have a greater risk of overdosing after taking even a small dose. If you suspect you have overdosed, seek immediate emergency treatment.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...