Can I take Norco if I am taking tranylcypromine?

Taking Norco (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) with tranylcypromine (Parnate), an antidepressant that's in a class of drugs called monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors, may intensify the effects of either drug and increase the likelihood of certain side effects. In fact, this is true of any MAO inhibitor, so make sure your doctor knows about any and all drugs and supplements you take before you being using Norco so that he or she can decide if Norco is safe for you to take, and if so, what dosage, timing and frequency is best.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Analgesics, including aspirin and acetaminophen, are medications used to treat pain. They can al...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...