Can I take Norco if I am taking tranylcypromine?

Taking Norco (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) with tranylcypromine (Parnate), an antidepressant that's in a class of drugs called monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors, may intensify the effects of either drug and increase the likelihood of certain side effects. In fact, this is true of any MAO inhibitor, so make sure your doctor knows about any and all drugs and supplements you take before you being using Norco so that he or she can decide if Norco is safe for you to take, and if so, what dosage, timing and frequency is best.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...