Can I take Norco if I am taking phenelzine?

Taking the pain reliever Norco (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) with phenelzine (Nardil), an antidepressant that's in a class of drugs called monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors, may intensify the effects of either drug and increase the likelihood of certain side effects. In fact, this is true of any MAO inhibitor, so make sure your doctor knows about any and all drugs and supplements you take before you being using Norco so that he or she can decide if Norco is safe for you to take, and if so, what dosage, timing and frequency is best.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...