Can I take Norco if I am taking phenelzine?

Taking the pain reliever Norco (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) with phenelzine (Nardil), an antidepressant that's in a class of drugs called monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors, may intensify the effects of either drug and increase the likelihood of certain side effects. In fact, this is true of any MAO inhibitor, so make sure your doctor knows about any and all drugs and supplements you take before you being using Norco so that he or she can decide if Norco is safe for you to take, and if so, what dosage, timing and frequency is best.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...
How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...