Can I take Norco if I have a history of respiratory problems?

If you have a history of respiratory problems, talk to your doctor before taking Norco (hydrocodone and acetaminophen). Hydrocodone, one of the active ingredients in this prescription pain drug, suppresses the cough reflex and may cause serious side effects if you have respiratory problems. Your doctor may need to modify your medication plan, dosage or timing.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...