Can I take Norco if I have a history of liver disease?

If you have a history of liver disease, talk to your doctor before taking Norco (hydrocodone and acetaminophen), a prescription drug for moderate to moderately severe pain. Acetaminophen, one of the active ingredients in this drug, has been associated with acute liver failure, a risk that's higher in individuals with liver disease. Your doctor may need to modify your medication plan, dosage or timing.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...