Can I take Norco if I have a history of liver disease?

If you have a history of liver disease, talk to your doctor before taking Norco (hydrocodone and acetaminophen), a prescription drug for moderate to moderately severe pain. Acetaminophen, one of the active ingredients in this drug, has been associated with acute liver failure, a risk that's higher in individuals with liver disease. Your doctor may need to modify your medication plan, dosage or timing.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Analgesics, including aspirin and acetaminophen, are medications used to treat pain. They can al...
What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...