Can I take Norco if I have a history of kidney disease?

If you have a history of kidney disease, talk to your doctor before taking Norco (hydrocodone and acetaminophen), a prescription drug for moderate to moderately severe pain. The risk of respiratory depression—in which breathing becomes dangerously slow and shallow—is a concern for people with kidney problems. Your doctor may need to monitor your treatment closely and/or modify your medication plan, dosage or timing.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...