Can I take Norco if I have a history of kidney disease?

If you have a history of kidney disease, talk to your doctor before taking Norco (hydrocodone and acetaminophen), a prescription drug for moderate to moderately severe pain. The risk of respiratory depression—in which breathing becomes dangerously slow and shallow—is a concern for people with kidney problems. Your doctor may need to monitor your treatment closely and/or modify your medication plan, dosage or timing.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...