Can I use Norco if I am breastfeeding?

If you're breastfeeding, you probably should not take Norco (hydrocodone and acetaminophen), a prescription drug for moderate to moderately severe pain. Studies have found that small amounts of the acetaminophen in this medicine pass into breast milk, although its effects are not known. And although it's not known if the hydrocodone in Norco also passes into breast milk, and if it does whether it could harm a nursing baby, there is some concern. If you are breastfeeding or plan to, talk to your doctor about whether a different pain medication might be right for you.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...