Can I use Norco if I am breastfeeding?

If you're breastfeeding, you probably should not take Norco (hydrocodone and acetaminophen), a prescription drug for moderate to moderately severe pain. Studies have found that small amounts of the acetaminophen in this medicine pass into breast milk, although its effects are not known. And although it's not known if the hydrocodone in Norco also passes into breast milk, and if it does whether it could harm a nursing baby, there is some concern. If you are breastfeeding or plan to, talk to your doctor about whether a different pain medication might be right for you.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...