Can I use Norco if I am breastfeeding?

If you're breastfeeding, you probably should not take Norco (hydrocodone and acetaminophen), a prescription drug for moderate to moderately severe pain. Studies have found that small amounts of the acetaminophen in this medicine pass into breast milk, although its effects are not known. And although it's not known if the hydrocodone in Norco also passes into breast milk, and if it does whether it could harm a nursing baby, there is some concern. If you are breastfeeding or plan to, talk to your doctor about whether a different pain medication might be right for you.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...