Can I use Magnacet if I am taking a seizure medication?

Before you take the prescription pain medication Magnacet (oxycodone and acetaminophen), let your doctor know if you use any seizure medications, such as carbamazepine (Tegretol), phenobarbital and phenytoin (Dilantin). Seizures are a possible side effect of Magnacet, particularly in people who are prone to them. Your doctor may decide not to give you Magnacet or may carefully monitor your usage.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...