Can I use Magnacet if I am taking a seizure medication?

Before you take the prescription pain medication Magnacet (oxycodone and acetaminophen), let your doctor know if you use any seizure medications, such as carbamazepine (Tegretol), phenobarbital and phenytoin (Dilantin). Seizures are a possible side effect of Magnacet, particularly in people who are prone to them. Your doctor may decide not to give you Magnacet or may carefully monitor your usage.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...