Can I use Magnacet if I am taking isocarboxazid?

The prescription pain medication Magnacet (oxycodone and acetaminophen) is not recommended for people who take isocarboxazid (Marplan) or have used it in the past 14 days. The antidepressant isocarboxazid belongs to a group of drugs called monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) that can increase the potency of narcotic pain medications like Magnacet. The result can be overdose symptoms, including serious breathing problems, low blood pressure, seizures, coma and death. Before starting Magnacet, let your doctor know if you use isocarboxazid or have used it in the past.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...