Can I use Magnacet if I have a history of low blood pressure?

The pain medication Magnacet (oxycodone and acetaminophen) can cause your blood pressure to drop, so your doctor may adjust your prescription or avoid giving you Magnacet at all if you already have low blood pressure because of low blood volume or from taking other medication. If you're taking Magnacet, let your doctor know if you feel faint when you rise from a sitting or lying position. This is a common symptom of low blood pressure. For many people, remembering to get up slowly solves the problem.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...