Can I use Magnacet if I have a history of urinary problems?

The prescription pain medication Magnacet (oxycodone and acetaminophen) can make urinating more difficult if you have an enlarged prostate or a urethral stricture (a blockage of the tube that carries urine out of the body). Alert your doctor to your condition so he or she can determine whether you can safely take Magnacet and, if so, how much is appropriate for you.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...