Can I use Lortab if I am taking tranylcypromine?

You may be able to take the prescription pain medication Lortab (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) if you use tranylcypromine (Parnate), but make sure that your doctor knows that you're on that drug. Taking these medicines together may increase the side effects of either or both drugs. Your doctor may need to adjust your doses.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...