Can I use Lortab if I have a history of urinary problems?

You may be able to take the prescription pain medication Lortab (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) if you have a history of urinary problems, but you should tell your doctor about your medical condition before you start the drug. If your doctor prescribes Lortab for you, he or she is likely to monitor you closely. Lortab can cause difficulty urinating and other side effects. If you experience these problems, report them to your doctor if they are bothersome or do not go away.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...